Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Lying Footprints

I met this 20 year old girl about a month ago. She made me realize a lot of things. Before I reveal my realizations, I’m going to say something about the girl.

I met her at 711 Quezon Avenue one morning. I can’t say that I don’t like her at first neither can I say that I liked her. She was just an ordinary girl who approached me.

She was nice at the beginning. We hanged out. It was fine. Until I realized that she’s a huge liar.

She told me that she lives at North Olympus (Somewhat a high end Subdivision in QC). Well, fine then. I asked her if she happens to know my friend Louie who is also a resident of the same subdivision. Then, she admitted to me that she lives at Smiles. It is the “Condo” in front of Olympus. My brother checked out the place when he was looking for a house to buy and he didn’t liked it. Yes, the rent is cheap but the place is too small for a family. The ad even says; Get a Condo at a very Affordable Price. Okay then, perfect.

She tells me that she lives at North Olympus and it turns out that she lives parallel to the said place.

I asked her if she knows Imogene. Imo is a resident of Olympus and a popular girl anywhere she lands her feet so maybe she knows her. I told her tales about Imo’s drag racing friends and their cool cars and how they smash their cars into almost everything in its way. I told her that they drag around SM Fairview. She told me that perhaps her drag racing friends knows Imogene. She even asked me if Imo is the small dark guy who drives this certain car. I laughed out really loud because Imo is a girl! It shows that she’s really just pretending. And I told her that Imo and her friends almost got into jail because of drag racing. The thing is, she told me that they are friends with the cops! LOL! She doesn’t know Imogene, she has drag racing friends too who goes around SM Fairview at night and they don’t know each other? How could that be when Imo knows everyone who goes to drag race?

Well, I noticed that there are some things that she doesn’t want to tell me. Like her house and stuff. But I kept quiet not wanting to embarrass her ‘cause I’m a very nice person…LOL! So a few more days passed and she told me stuff about her room and about her sister’s own room. I really had to ask her, “How can you fit two rooms in a unit at Smiles? The units there are small-small right?” She told me that they have two units there. Funny. I don’t know. Weird and stupid.

One day, she also told us tales about her sister’s modeling career. Her sister is fourteen years old. Yeah. I saw her photo and she is pretty. But for me, not the type of pretty that can become a model. Besides, she’s 14! This girl even told me that her sister met Jake Cuenca and he started courting her. Not minding the fact that he is way older than she is and he had a girlfriend before with the likes of Roxanne Guinoo. C’mon, check out the photo of her sister and you’ll realize what I’m talking about.

This girl also likes bragging. She loves telling us how she likes signature clothes and gladiator shoes. Well, okay. Why is it that she wears the same sweater for the whole week? She even wears the same shirt twice a week. Honestly, the sweater looks so cheap and her pants are from ‘Huang Jhin’. I don’t know, maybe I’m not as rich as her that’s why I can’t even recognize the pants…LOL! The sneakers? She wore this single pair of sneakers for the whole month! I don’t know, that’s just too funny for a socialite like her.

She’s a high school graduate. She was never able to step into college. I have nothing against that because I understand the fact that most Filipino youth can’t even afford to finish their secondary education. But the thing is, the freakin’ thing is, she told us that she was given tuition fee by her dad who works abroad. But she spent the money for something else. Like shopping and stuff. And that her dad won’t send her to school unless she takes a med course. Because I’m a pre-med student, I asked her what course she really wants to take. Guess what, PSYCHOLOGY! LOL! Psychology is a pre-med course! I have a lot of classmates who’s taking up that course. They can become doctors! That’s so funny! I almost fell off my chair when she told me that!

Last thing, she told us that she has this four year long relationship with a guy who works in Qatar. Yada yada…it’s okay. I don’t care anymore if that’s true or not. But the thing is, she flirted tremendously with a guy in our group. The guy told me that he’s not interested with the girl. I had to shut my mouth because I am nice! I don’t want to be the one to hurt the girl. So, I asked her if she has a thing for the guy. Know what she told me? ‘I don’t like someone like him. I don’t like his style, his attitude and stuff.’ So, she’s really not interested, why is it that she took my phone while I was asleep to text the guy that I’m talking about. Doesn’t she have her own phone and own load? C’mon…you gotta be kidding me…LOL! My other friend even told me that she passed love notes for the guy. Pathetic.

I don’t want to sound mean but I’ve had enough. If you really are rich as you are claiming to be, why is it that you can’t even afford to spend 400 bucks to fix your two front teeth? Or maybe you are waiting for Santa to come to town to give them to you? You told us that your dad gives you a weekly allowance of 15k! For the love of god, why is it that you had to wear the same sweater for a month? I don’t even think that it costs that much. Why is it that she had to raid Karmi’s make up and borrow a lot of it. Can’t you buy your own? I have make up. I’m not as rich as her. And she claimed that she studied at Sacred Heart Academy her entire life. Why is it that my friend Karmi and Marvin knows each other and they don’t remember you? I met Karmi at NCO and I met Marvin at Fatima. What a coincidence, they know each other! Marvin told me that if you studied at Sacred Heart, you’ll be able to know everyone because it’s a small school. Why is it that they never met you? Why is it that I’ve read this comment at your friendster account saying, “Bakit ang dami mong friends sa Sacre? Nag-aral ka ba sa Sacre? HAHAHAHAHA!”. Okay, that really made my eyebrows raise to the roof. Why is it that someone would tell you that if you really studied at that school? Yes, maybe you did study there but not your entire life.

I don’t want to be bad towards anybody. But I just want to give you a little piece of advice, STOP PRETENDING! STOP LYING! Nobody cares if you are rich or poor. I’m not rich but I never pretended to be one just to fit in. Learn to look at yourself in the mirror. Why is it that you have to work than study if your parents are really rich? Why is it that you had to take a picture of the Starbucks Coffee that you bought? Why is it that you rarely had load. Why is it that your phone is the oldest model? If you really can’t help pretending, try to justify the things that you say. With the looks, the hair, the skin. It shouts one thing, you are a lying bitch.

So, I realized that not everybody can become your friends. Some people will just come into your life to put a little itch in your head. Some people would lie to your face and if you are as stupid as they are, you’ll believe. Even if you try to be so nice to everybody, some will just keep on lying and pretending to be someone they can never become. Though I want to be kind towards that person, I can’t help but be true to my feelings. Hello? I’m not stupid, I know that most of the things she said are lies. If you met this girl, if you happen to know her, please be kind to take out her head off the clouds and bring it back to the water where it belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment