Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dengue in the Family

My sister, Emey, was diagnosed with dengue last July 1, 2009. We had to bring her to the hospital for confinement. Luckily, She only had to stay for a couple of days because she is healthy. She did not needed blood transfusions and stuff like that.

The funny thing about the experience was that I realized that I can never become a pediatrician because whenever I hear kids cry at the emergency room, I freak out! I don’t want seeing children suffer from diseases. Moreover, I hate seeing them being neglected by their parents especially when I saw this kid who has kidney failure. She was literary bloated which means that she wasn’t brought to the doctor at the first signs of the said disease. If I become a pediatrician someday and get to encounter negligent parents, I’ll probably lose my temper easily and will surely shout at them.

I guess I’ll stick to my first option, become a surgeon or end up as an embalmer…

^^

No comments:

Post a Comment