Friday, October 16, 2009

Lagro High School_Mr. Bubby Reyes

My sister belongs to the class of I-Daisy at Lagro High School. They had an issue with the cleanliness of the room. Because they shared the room with the afternoon session which is the II-Dao, it is obvious that they should clean the room as respect for the other users. The thing is, the students of II-Dao doesn’t clean the room. So, the section of my sister was told by their last subject teacher to make a complaint letter regarding the matter. They did as they were told and the complaint was forwarded to the Guidance Office. The Guidance Office responded and the teacher involved was reprimanded.

The teacher is Mr. Reyes or popularly known as Sir Bubby. He is the co-adviser of II-Dao. He is also the last subject teacher of the said class. It is a protocol, as said by the other teachers, that they should impost proper cleaning habits to the students.

Mr. ‘Bubby’ Reyes didn’t take the matter professionally. He was at rage. He went to the class of I-Daisy and created a scene. He asked the students who comes to the room first in the morning. Since my sister is brought to school by their school service early, she raced her hand. Mr. ‘Bubby’ Reyes asked her if the room was clean when she arrived this morning. My sister said yes since the chairs were in proper arrangement and there were no pieces of paper on the floor. At that instant, Mr. Bubby Reyes pointed his finger at my sister and told her that she is a liar. She said that she is a “Sinungaling” the Filipino term for liar in front of the class. He admitted to everyone that he purposely left garbage under one of the chairs in the second row. My sister is seated on the fourth row. I don’t think that any sane student will look under every chair of the class to check if there is garbage the moment they arrive. Besides, he left a piece of crumpled paper, something that is commonly discarded and left unnoticed.

I don’t understand why a teacher like him should treat a student that way. He doesn’t have any right to insult my sister in front of the whole class. He doesn’t have any right to point his finger at any child in the world. My sister doesn’t need to check on every inch of the room in the morning. He, as a teacher, should never leave any garbage under any chair on purpose just to justify his mistake. And because of his disrespectful manner, one classmate of my sister, Ian Walter Luzong, started teasing my sister and called her names. Because of the negative example Mr. ‘Bubby’ Reyes showed, students are mislead and starts to think that insulting someone is okay.

We reported this incident to the Guidance Office and my parents’ demands to meet Mr. ‘Bubby’ Reyes. If this matter will not be addressed properly, we won’t hesitate to bring this complaint to the court and file child abuse case against the said teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment