Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Almost Fire

May 7, 2008 at around 10pm…

My mom arrived from work and everybody was already preparing to sleep (except for my kuya who’s in Laguna).. We were watching this teleserye and our dog Krypton is barking when our neighbor, Genaro (whom we call Kuya Bebot) slammed our gate shouting “Tangina Pare, Sunog!”. We were all alarmed, frightened and panicked after hearing that. My dad ordered everyone to go out of the house. Our neighbor’s house is burning..!

I immediately went to the back of our house where a window that is connected to the neighbor is situated. Since our house is a duplex type, if their roof burns up, ours will surely follow.I shouted to tell the others about it. But nobody was in the burning house. So, I took the hose and sprayed water on their ceiling. The smoke filled their house when I learned that the almost all the neighbors, including my dad, entered the burning house to stop the fire. Luckily, it didn’t worsened and when the fire fighters came, the fire was already out.

We learned a lot out of it..

First, we should be careful and never leave any electric stuff running when nobody is at home..

Second, Filipino’s really do help each other in times of trouble…

Lastly, we laugh a lot because after the incident, all the neighbors had a little chat about their crazy little panic moments.. We almost lost our houses but they still laughed at it.




No comments:

Post a Comment