Monday, November 9, 2009

Job Hunting

Karmi, Ate Lyn and I went to a couple of call centers to apply for a job. It is not difficult to get into a call center, the thing is, when the HR people doesn’t like you, you better get out of that place.
We applied at this call enter in Shaw Blvd. It doesn’t have a very good reputation and my friends who came from that place told us that compared to other popular call centers, it doesn’t have a lot to offer.
We arrived there after going to Makati. We never really planned to apply that day, but since the building is on the way, we decided to drop by. It was easy, the HR guy told us to tell something about ourselves and we did. But before that, he noticed my outfit. Honestly, I was just wearing pants and shirt. Modesty aside, compared to the other guys in the room, Ate Lyn and I have an edge. I speak in English well. Knowing my background, my training and stuff, I better be good or my mentors would kill me.
The thing that really pissed me off is his excuse, he told those who failed the interview that they should develop their English further before getting into a call center. Hell! He passed Ate Lyn. Only Ate Lyn. How’s that? Maybe it’s because of the outfit. LOL! First impression is a huge thing in applying for a job and I sucked at that. Well, that’s life.
So we ended up going to the tiangge in Shaw and bought a lot of stuff for our family. I loved it.
It’s hard to get a job so if you happen to find one, love it…!

^^

No comments:

Post a Comment